Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential Germany is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Munich, Berlin, the Bavarian Alps and beyond. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Germany travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the most exciting countries in Europe.
From the vibrant nightlife and art scene of Berlin to the more traditional region of Bavaria and its capital, Munich, Germany offers beautiful scenery, a thriving cultural scene, and hearty food and drink. Whether you are interested in a scenic drive through quaint half-timber towns, a scenic cruise down a castle-studded river, wine tasting in the country’s top cellars, or a visit to a state-of-the-art automobile factory, there’s something to see in Europe’s biggest country. Fodor’s Essential Germany makes it easy to create a perfect trip from start to finish.
Fodor’s Essential Germany includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fully updated information on new openings and developments, including restaurants, hotels, and outdoor activities, for all of Germany’s top destinations and undiscovered gems, from Cologne and Nuremburg to the Black Forest and the Romantic Road.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A spectacular color photo guide highlights the ultimate unmissable experiences and attractions throughout Germany to inspire you.
- •DETAILED MAPS: Full-size street maps throughout will help you plan efficiently and get around confidently.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Rich, full-color features invite you to experience the best of Germany, from Oktoberfest to King Ludwig’s fairy-tale castles. Other features help you understand what to eat and drink and how to trace your Germany roots.
- •HELPFUL ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Multiple sample itineraries to help you plan and make the most of your time. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports and the outdoors. “Fodor’s Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Includes tools such as a country-level Need to Know planning section, a map with travel times by train, and recommended scenic drives and bike rides. Each chapter also has a helpful planning section with a color orientation map.
- •COVERS: Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Heidelberg, the Romantic Road, the Black Forest, Cologne, the Rhineland, and more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Looking for guides to other European countries? Check out Fodor’s Essential France and Fodor’s Essential Switzerland.
From the Publisher