Written by local experts, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering advice and professionally vetted recommendations for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Greece is the ultimate Mediterranean getaway. Impossibly blue seas, gorgeous beaches, whitewashed alleyways draped in pink bougainvillea, blue-domed Greek Orthodox churches, picturesque villages, and famous historical sites have lured visitors to this ancient civilization on the Aegean for thousands of years. Bursting with beautiful full-color photos, Fodor’s Essential Greece provides expert insider advice on everything from the best beaches in Crete to the best archaeological sites on Corfu. Also included is full coverage of the big-city wonders of Athens, the primary gateway for travelers to Greece.
This travel guide includes:
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE contains a brief introduction and spectacular color photos that capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout Greece
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fodor’s writers have scoured the mainland and islands to find the best new hotels, resorts, restaurants, shops, and sights
- •SPECIAL ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Full-color features on such topics as The Acropolis, specialty crafts made in Greece, Greek cuisine, Greek gods and heroes, Greek history, and Greece’s long wine-making tradition illuminate the most distinctive aspects of the country
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: A “Need to Know” feature offers travelers top-line planning information about the country as a whole. “Top Attractions,” “Great Itineraries,” and useful travel tips make planning simple. Helpful features on what’s new in Greece and the best beaches all make a trip to the islands as simple as possible
- •DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor’s Essential Greece offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their time. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife
- •COVERS: Athens, Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki, the Peloponnese, Corfu, Olympia, Crete, Rhodes, Lesvos, Mykonos, Santorini, Naxos, Paros, and more
From the Publisher
HELPFUL PLANNING ADVICE
Find what you need faster with color-coded category icons and easier-to-read two-column text.
GORGEOUS COLOR PHOTOS
Beautiful photos packed throughout will fuel your wanderlust.
ITINERARIES AND MAPS
Itineraries, maps, travel tips, and neighborhood guides will acquaint you with your destination and help you maximize your time.
IN-DEPTH FEATURES AND EXPLANATIONS
Learn about history, culture, and more with in-depth spotlight features